Re: mac G4 testing - missing desktop disc image

Phill,

I'll start using the iso-tracker.

On the G4 - still have dark/black screens with certain windows (not Archive Manager anymore though) - I will be documenting which ones.
And it would really be nice to take care of the dark screens for the desktop installer, that's the only major hiccup in that installer for G4.

On the G3 - I'm not a programmer, but for all the years I've been testing Linux variants, the G3 iMac has been a problem. I know how to fix it following an alternate install, by editing xorg.conf and modifying screen, display and monitor settings. Then it works great, wireless and all.
Is there anyway developers can build those fixes into the xorg server? (

Especially for Lubuntu, an iMac G3 is a great candidate for theses OSes. Perhaps the PPC live CD could be altered to boot differently.
Right now, the desktop CD boots pretty much straight to a Lubuntu desktop (or is supposed to). But on the PC/Intel side you are greeted by a list of option, Try, Install and the like.
Perhaps a Try, Install, Install - special - G3 iMac

Intel-based Macbook Pro - my first experience this weekend was positive. The desktop i386 works fine, installs quickly. The trackpad is a little jumpy and odd after the install though.

Sincerely,
Paul Gorski