Re: ppc

> > yeah i tried this, though i grabbed the iso and did the dd on an intel
> machine. not sure if that makes any difference. considering dd functions
> bit by bit, it shouldn't, but maybe someone else has some insight.

Sorry, I have been traveling.. I always make my ppc iso with dd on an intel
box as that is where I store all my Isos.

I typically use>   boot usb0/@1:2,\\yaboot

> > looking at dev / ls it seems there is a /usb@1b,1/disk@1 and no usb0
> from what i can see.
>
> > as for version:
> > 0 > dev /openprom
> > 0 > .properties
> > name                    openprom
> > device_type             BootROM
> > model                   OpenFirmware 3

You and I have the same openfirmware version 3

> > and the banner gives me Apple PowerBook5,4 4.8.6f0 BootROM.
>
>  Apple PowerBook3, 5 4.5.3f2 BootRom
Looks like mine is older model
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HAlDyGp4RKP4RieVDiuVH7nITomTFCifQdJFMEEzAEE/edit

Not sure any of that helped.. Anyway I can get the desktop and alternate to
boot from a USB but all the other problems have me searching.

Greg nm_geo