Re: Need for USB stick access for ISO testing?

On 2013-06-02 01:52, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> On 06/01/2013 04:28 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>
> So, my question remains.  Is there really a need for USB stick access
> for Ubuntu ISO testing, in particular for ISO testing using VMs?

The Details for testcase: Live Session

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1303/info

include persistence. How do you test that without a writable drive?

Normally I use USB drives, but in VirtualBox I use a virtual disk, a
second and smaller one, if I want to install too, not only test persistence.

"...
Create a partition (on a usb stick or regular disk/image) to be used for
persistence
Launch Startup Disk Creator
Select the source disc image of the build you are testing
Select the USB disk to use and click "Erase" (all data will be removed)
    Provide password if requested. Pausing at this point should not
cause an error
Select the persistence option to have documents and settings "Stored in
reserved extra space"
Use the slider bar to set up to 4GB for persistence
..."