Re: [Suggestion] Having another version for Lubuntu (Mini Lubuntu)

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:\

> OK.  I don't have time tonight, but someone should do two Lubuntu "core"
> installs using the Raring mini.iso, one using the cli instructions, and
> another using the tasksel task, and then compare the resulting installed
> package lists.  From the list of recommended packages you provided, the
> cli install would perhaps not include the ability to print.  That's
> pretty minimalist, I must say :)  Is printing considered to be a core
> capability of Lubuntu?  While I rarely if ever connect a local printer
> to an Lubuntu PC, I do expect to be able to print from Lubuntu to a
> networked printer, on occasion.

I can do this but not sure if I'll be able to do today or tomorrow?
will do my best :)

> I'm still a bit fuzzy in my mind about who would want or need a
> pretty/easy way to install Lubuntu core, who would also not be able to
> install (or not want to install) normal Lubuntu.  Is this really a
> significant segment of the Lubuntu user community?  You'd need a very
> small hard drive and RAM, I suspect, to need this.
>
> Jonathan

If data and numbers are what you are looking for, give me few hours
and I will provide you with the numbers of users who would LOVE to see
this option and that would be ONLY from users on Facebook. I still can
take that vote from other areas but our channels on Facebook [1] have
the most active users and more than any other area. Our Google+ Page
and Community are both active as well but Facebook is #1 when it comes
to activities so I will get back to you guys with some figures ;)

Thanks!

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/ContactUs#Lubuntu_Official_Group_on_Facebook
--
Best Regards,