Re: usb-creator-gtk fails to run on lubuntu13.04 beta 2, launchpad bug 1165200

Please add both packages, that were recommended by Yuri in comment #6 of
the bug report!

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/1165200/

I continued testing and added comment #15 which is a rather detailed
report. My conclusion is:

1. Yuri's comment is correct. Both packages are necessary for all
functions of usb-creator-gtk. The size of python-gudev (installed) is
80.9 kB and the size of gir1.2-gudev-1.0 (installed) is 50.2 kB
according to apt-get.

2. But in addition, the partition on the USB drive should be mounted
before usb-creator-gtk is started. Otherwise the process will crash with
a segmentation fault. I guess this is another bug, but a minor bug. With
proper instructions, usb-creator-gtk can be used to create live as well
as persistent live USB drives.

*. So the packages python-gudev and gir1.2-gudev-1.0 should be included
when usb-creator-gtk is installed. And the user should be told to mount
the partition on the USB drive before starting usb-creator-gtk.

I hope some of you will also test usb-creator-gtk including persistence.
I am going to make some noise about this, trying to get a working
version at least in Saucy, but I hope it will also trickle down into 13.04.