Re: About 'gnome-disk-utility' as a default app

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Erick Brunzell <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> IMHO any app that allows repartitioning and/or formatting of a disc or
> partition is a bit risky for the average end user. I maintain a few
> dozen PC's for mostly elderly pensioners and I always remove it
> post-installation just to be on the safe side.

Hmm, for me, I always download and install GParted right after any
installation. Yes, I do understand why it had been removed before and why
you are suggestion to remove "Disk Utility" but as someone said on his
signature on Ubutnu Forum: "Linux assumes you know what you are doing" - If
I remember correctly, that was the saying :D
And I personally thing: Those who are using Linux, must be educated and
aware of such things/stuff/applications.

HOWEVER, because we are getting ready for the big event - Start Ubuntu [1],
So:

I do think if we keep it as a default app that it would be better to
> have it in System Tools.
>
> Lance

+1
I agree with this suggestion :)

Thanks!

[1] -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*