[PPC] Saucy Daily Build for 6/21 hangs on Plymouth Text Screen

On Jun 22, 2013, at 8:27 PM, James King wrote:

Thanks Keith, I'll try that, although I still think a lot of Mac users will use CDs to install because that's what they're used to. I'm doing the walkthroughs in the qa-testing to try to get a better feel for how to do all of this. It's more overwhelming than I expected: lots of details to remember and precise steps. I hope I can learn quickly and not drag the team down.

You're welcome. I agree with you that most Mac users will follow the CD method for installation. The only reason I learned how to install using a USB flash drive is the combo drive in my iBook G4 has been broken for 5 years, and I didn't want to spend the money to replace it. So, usb was the only way to get Lubuntu on my laptop. After awhile, I just got comfortable with the process and started using it to boot the G4 towers.

Once you learn how to do it, it's very easy and faster than using a cd drive. At least it seems faster to me. And, if you start testing allot, it saves money on blank cds. Maybe I'm just cheap? :)

Don't worry about dragging the team down. As far as I can tell, the PPC testing team is very small. All help is appreciated.

To clarify my situation, I am just a noobie at anything Linux. My experience level can be measured in mere months. I pick up what knowledge I can in the time I am able to devote to it. There are some very knowledgeable people on this mailing list, and they are always very helpful. So, hang in there.

Keith