Re: [PPC] Saucy Daily Build for 6/21 hangs on Plymouth Text Screen

Keith and James,

On 06/23/2013 05:12 AM, keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Don't worry about dragging the team down. As far as I can tell, the PPC
> testing team is very small. All help is appreciated.

+1 (or +100)!  Anyone with a PPC machine who is willing to help test
Lubuntu on it is *very* valuable to the Lubuntu community.  We need all
the PPC testing help we can get.  Thanks for joining us!

And yes, it is unfortunate and frustrating that booting PPC machines can
take arcane extra boot parameters etc.  I wish it did not.  But that
would take more work than any of us can put in on the PPC stuff, and it
is hard to come up with fixes for one machine that would not break
things for other PPC machines... so I think, sadly, we are stuck with
some level of "read the wiki pages and try what they say" installation
instructions for Lubuntu on PPC.

Jonathan