Re: Video Problems - Saucy

Hello Federico :)

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Federico Leoni <effelle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Em 02/08/2013 13:58, "Ali Linx (amjjawad)" <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
> >

> > My other machine has this CPU:
> http://ark.intel.com/products/29751/Intel-Core-Duo-Processor-T2350-2M-Cache-1_86-GHz-533-MHz-FSB
> >
> > So technically, Core Due Series has NO 800MHz FSB Speed anyway :)
> >
> > I don't usually watch movies on my P4 machine, except Naruto which is
> browser based. As far as I remember, somehow, you found out that Naruto is
> 720p and if that is true, it still lack and not playing nicely.
> >

> > --
> > Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> > Best Regards,
> > amjjawad - StartUbuntu Project - Linux Brainstorming - Mubuntu
> > Ubuntu GNOME - Xubuntu - Peppermint
> >

> Yes my fault, it's the core 2 duo 1.86ghz (e6300) who has 1066mhz FSB.
> The maximum fsb for this series is 667mhz FSB, starting from Core Duo
> T2300.
>
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Duo

No problem :)

The major difference between my P4 and my Core Due is the Cache. With Core
Due, it is 2MB while it is 1MB for P4. Also, Core Due CPU is 32bit but
again, that won't be a difference as long as the RAM is 512MB for both
machines.

Anyway I told you the video of Naruto is NOT an HD video, but a 80MB
> file software encoded in MPEG4 640x360 with AAC audio (360p). A 720p
> is +/- 1280x720 and is hardware encoded.

Yes, I remember now :D
I forgot that so thanks for the reminder :D

BUT ... if it is 360p and it lacks, etc then how is that my CPU is capable
of handling 720p if it can't handle 360p nicely? I just don't understand
this.

> If you like soooooooooo much watch videos from narutoget why you don't
> download them to see directly on gnomeplayer or vlc?

Yes, that is all what I do with that machine when I'm free.
I don't download because, as I have said before, I was looking for a
technical solution which does not involve downloading.

In my test I downloaded the video using chrome with "video download
> professional"
> extension:
>

> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil
>
> There are others extension like this one on Firefox too.
>
> Easy to do and will solve greatly your specific issue. Could be a good
> (software) solution for you?
>
> F.

I will go now to that PC and try that and report back :)

Thank you!

--
amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> - StartUbuntu
Project<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>