Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,

Hi my friend,

> Finally, I tested the newest daily build (Sep 17 2013) of the 32-bit
> Lubuntu saucy-desktop-i386.iso
>
> in the same machine and with the same conditions.
>
> RAM = 384, 512 MB, 768 MB
>
> Finished gracefully, but froze after I clicked reboot. Working system
> installed.
>
> RAM = 1024 MB
>
> No freeze, but waiting for Enter without any text prompting for it, bug
> 966480.

So, what you are trying to say is:
The installer is installing the system but the very final step, which is
reboot, is not working and/or frozen?
And, when you reboot manually, you have a working system?

If that is the case, I must say, I have seen this very behaviour before. I
am not sure how many times I have seen it but I guess I did. I did not
report that at that time (early stages of Alpha) because I thought it was
just me and I got busy with other stuff.

> This is only slightly better than the 64-bit version, and it is much
> worse that during early Saucy alpha (or pre-alpha) stages, when the
> 32-bit desktop installer for Lubuntu might work with 384 MB RAM, and
> definitely worked with 512 MB RAM.

So, do I have to test? downloading is done now :)

> So I think *something bad is happening* when Lubuntu is to be switched
> off.

I smell something too!

> Nik Th and I have also noted that shutdown is much slower than it
> used to be (also compared to earlier versions of Saucy).

You mean when you are on a working desktop and you choose Shutdown form
Menu?

> The One Button Installer can do it with 128 MB RAM. I made a test right
> now in this same Toshiba, and installed Saucybeta1.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hmm, I don't think something to do with RAM but rather something wrong
somewhere in the build. I have no idea what is going on?
May I remind you all that Lubuntu Saucy have zram-config by default and it
should be even faster or better?!

Weird!!!

Best Regards,