Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On 09/21/2013 09:31 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> I have managed to freeze the default daily build of today too, but not
> with Joseph Salisbury's kernel. I tried hard to do the same things that
> froze the standard kernel, but no, it did not freeze for me.
>
> I limited the RAM to 384 MB to force swapping. Typically it would freeze
> when I ran a youtube video and at the same time installed something
> fairly big with apt-get. So Joseph's kernel is better, but according to
> your tests, Lars, it can also freeze, so the bug fix did not take care
> of everything.
>
> Lars, can you describe how you make Joseph Salisbury's kernel freeze?
> What environment, what programs etc so that I can try that too.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Unfortunately I cannot get it to freeze on demand. The normal kernel
will freeze after anywhere from a few minutes to many hours.  The
lp1227202v1 kernel froze for me when I tried it, but I didn't keep notes
about when or what.  The logs say nothing.  I assume that it is a kernel
issue since it is so thorough a freeze.

 linux-image-3.11.0-7-generic_3.11.0-7.14~lp1227202v1_amd64.deb

I recall that Phill mentioned on the 18th that he could get it to freeze
on demand by running some game.  That might be our main test.

Regards,
/Lars