Re: Minimum and recommended RAM to install Lubuntu Trusty

Hi,

On 03/27/2014 10:13 PM, brendanperrine@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have been able to browse with 4 to 5 tabs open on firefox with 512 mb ram with trusty on a pentium 4 with integrated graphics.

With these machines:
http://phillw.net/hardware/BnA9pw11
and
http://phillw.net/hardware/p7x41Lgx

In my case, I can't go that far. Two tabs (Facebook and Gmail) were more than enough to slow down the machine a lot. With one more tab, it was almost not usable.

IIRC, that was on Saucy and I always set my swap to 1-2GB in case I have low RAM.

What works for you might not work for the others. That is why we should play it safe and not get into deep details.

Also have we tested how much ram if you need to upgrade a system running 13.10 through update manager or through the command line with sudo do release ugrade. I got sudo do release upgrade to work with 512 mb or ram to trusty from saucy.

For me, I can't help here as I have never tested that because I don't upgrade :)

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad