Re: lubuntu oversize

some perspective: there's nothing that's not oversized anymore. cds
are kind of old hat.

that being said, lubuntu is often targeted at machines that are old
hat ;) those machines often have the biggest problems with drivers.
having a live version can be essential for those sort of situations.

with this in mind, in an ideal world, everything would be cd sized.
but we don't have control over how things like ubuntu-core and apps
grow. there are some packages we could really get rid of. the games
might be a good start. still, i'm not sure that it's sustainable to
have cd sized everything. we have encountered this problem over and
over again over the past few years.

another possibility is a live test version without all the apps but,
really, i don't want to support ANOTHER image.

that being said, i think looking into the future, we should aim for a
cd sized alternate. we should at least have a cd install option, if
not for anyone but for the ppc folks. we do need SOMETHING to be cd
sized.

that's my 2¢ / 0.015647 € / 0.012394 £ / 2.13728 ¥

wxl