Re: lubuntu oversize

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Julien Lavergne
<julien.lavergne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry to be rude, but the question is more short term : Do we have the
> time to test another i386, 3 days before the release ?
> - If yes, we should respin now, and start the test (because a respin
> will make the ISO CD size, I done the necessary cut).
> - If no, so we have to live with a non CD size ISO for 14.10,
> something we did not announce to our users ...

Not rude at all. I thought the question was more of a long time one.
>From a short term perspective, it's been oversized many times (I'd say
most times) over the cycle. I don't think it's a big deal, especially
with it not being an LTS.

Despite that, I'm sure we have the man power to do the test, so I'll
start the respin right after this email.

> The question to be CD size or not is not something we have to discuss
> 3 days before the release, let's discuss it for 15.04.

Indeed, I think that's a discussion better had once we pick out all of
our default apps. It might not even be practical to consider.

wxl