Re: XtraDB merge into MariaDB

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Vadim Tkachenko <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Ok, let's try to figure out how to merge it properly :)
>>
>> I tried to include all your changes, but seems failed.
>>
>> Actually all latest changes should be in lp:xtradb.
>
> Hm, we must have been misunderstanding each other?
>
> lp:~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb6-merge is missing all of the changes
> outside of storage/xtradb (except one CMakeLists.txt). These missing changes
> should not go in stand-alone xtradb, but are needed in MariaDB.
>
> lp:xtradb does not exist. lp:percona-xtradb/release-6  exists, but seems to be
> missing some things that are in lp:~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb-merge2,
> including things like #define PERCONA_INNODB_VERSION 6,
> /* bugfix: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=43948 */, ...
>
> So I am confused about what needs to be merged ...
>
> What I need from you is the name of the branch that contains the stand-alone
> XtraDB 6 release. That is the crucial thing.

And to clarify further, once we have that branch (say "lp:XXX"), here is the
exact procedure that will be needed to do the merge:

    bzr branch lp:~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb-merge2 mybranch
    cd mybranch
    bzr merge lp:XXX
    # Resolve any conflicts...
    # Compile + run tests, and fix any errors...
    bzr commit -m "Merge XtraDB 6 into MariaDB."
    bzr push lp:~maria-captains/maria/mariadb-xtradb-merge2

So as you see, I just need to know what to replace for "XXX".

After that, it would be good if you could look at the test failure in
main.innodb_xtradb_bug317074 seen in our buildbot here:

    https://askmonty.org/buildbot/builders/hardy-amd64-dbg/builds/69/steps/test/logs/stdio

But let's get the merge confusion solved first :)