Re: Storage Engine API changes

Hi, Peter!

On Jul 08, Peter Benjamin Volk wrote:
> Hi Stewart,
>
> Stewart Smith wrote:
> > The idea being to move the handler to be a cursor on a table, with
> > actions not pertaining that to reside in StorageEngine (e.g. DDL).
> >
> > So, is there somebody interested in working with me to have the
> > MySQL/MariaDB API evolve in the same way?
> >
> Is there a targeted MySQL version for this?

it's WL#3288 (created 22 May 2006) for the API and server support and
WL#4603 (17 Oct 2008) for the default implementation in the handler
class.

These WL's are part of the foreign key work, and will probably be
released together with foreign keys (but could go out earlier too).

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxx>