Re: Documentation for new features in MariaDB

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Kristian
Nielsen<knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And actually, I see no reason for now to put documentation in a separate
> repository (and several reasons not to). So I suggest to just write new
> documentation in Docs/mariadb.txt.
>
> I'm happy to try Creole as Daniel suggested. Though it would be good if there
> was an easy way to display the result of formatting the text (for the
> developer writing the documentation).

If you start writing the docs in a wiki markup, then the natural
question is, why not use a subsection of AskMonty.org as "the
repository". You would then have it automatically validated and
formatted when pressing Submit button. (I'm not sure if there are big
differences in MediaWiki and Creole?)

Doing it in a wiki might in the future invite some authors who are
MariaDB users, good at writing, but not developers, so may not have
launchpad accounts or even bzr installed on their machines.

What do we think?

henrik

--
email: henrik.ingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx