Re: Sphinx Storage engine for MariaDB

Hi!

<cut>

>> We can't do this with the plugins, as we don't know for an old
>> installation what plugins the user wanted to install.

Sergei> All of them, of course.
Sergei> If all plugins will be compiled in - they'll be all installed.
Sergei> Installing them all in mysql_fix_privilege_tables will produce basically
Sergei> the same effect.

This doesn't work as we don't know which plugins that should be
installed for an old installation.

For an old installation, an user may already decided that some plugins
should be installed and others should not.  Adding things that he
doesn't want in mysql_fix_privilege_tables is not an option.

Another thing is that he may have used the source installation himself
and compiled things into the source. In this case switching to a our
distribution where things needs to be loaded would cause extra work
for him.

Regards,
Monty