Re: Windows installer kick-off

Hi!

Jose> hello steve,

Jose>                    I have made some installers for windows using
Jose> install shield at work.  Anyways,  when a package is made for windows
Jose> we reboot a machine only when there is "Registry Hardening" thats is
Jose> required. If it is a service based system, we script a custom action;
Jose> meaning a trigger in the installer which run and restarts the service.
Jose> I think a reboot is necessary if and only if registry keys or any kind
Jose> of virtual or physical device are modified from my experience.

<cut>

As MariaDB doesn't use the registery (except maybe for storing where
the base directory is), this shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Monty