Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (knielsen:2785)

"Adam M. Dutko" <dutko.adam@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Arjen,

Hm, the mail is to maria-developers, but here it says Arjen, so I'm not sure
which build pool you have in mind ;-) Anyway, ...

> Do you have a matrix of distros/platforms you'd like to see added to the
> build pool?  I have some more compute power that I might be able to add to
> the build pool.

For the MariaDB Buildbot we need both more hosts for generic Linux builds and
for more non-linux platforms.

For generic Linux especially boxes with fair upload bandwidth and/or good size
memory (4/8Gb) would be really useful, and could be plugged into the system
immediately.

We also need much better coverage of non-Linux platforms, as well as
non-i386/amd64 platforms. For example

    Windows 32- and 64-bit.
    Solaris
    Mac OS/X

However, for these platforms it is not just having the box available, it is
also someone spending the time to get the host working stably and any
repeatable or random failures solved. So far this spending of time has been
lacking. Eg. we have actually 4 windows slaves in Buildbot, but none of them
work reliably :-(