Re: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" packages

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 10:16:32 +0100
Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kristian> Daniel Bartholomew <dbart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Daniel> The MariaDB 5.2 Ubuntu packages are only available through
Daniel> the 5.2 repositories. I think the easiest way to add the
Daniel> new Oneiric packages will be to use the mkrepo-ubuntu.sh
Daniel> script to regenerate the entire Ubuntu 5.2 repo. It appears
Daniel> build-1325 has all of the Ubuntu packages. Do you think
Daniel> there will be any issues with if I re-generate the entire
Daniel> Ubuntu 5.2 repo and upload it?

Kristian> I think it is fine. The new packages have a different version
Kristian> number due to updated ourdelta/bakery, so there should be no
Kristian> risk of confusion between (slightly) different packages with
Kristian> different names.

Ok. I've uploaded the new packages to osuosl. They will be copied out
to the rest of the mirrors by this time tomorrow (much sooner for most
of the mirrors, but some only update once a day).

Kristian> Just be aware that the new packages no longer include a
Kristian> default apparmor profile. This applies to all Ubuntu versions
Kristian> (not just Oneiric). If upgrading users modified their old
Kristian> apparmor profile they will be asked and can choose to keep
Kristian> it, but for default installs, apparmor will be silently
Kristian> disabled.
Kristian>
Kristian> (Ie. maybe a note in the release notes is in order ...)

I've updated the release notes:
http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-529-release-notes

Let me know if I need to change anything.

Daniel> Before uploading the new repo to the mirrors, can you check
Daniel> my changes in mariadb-tools to ensure they are sane? I've
Daniel> pushed my mariadb-tools branch to launchpad and proposed it
Daniel> for merging so you should have an email about it.

Kristian> Looks fine, I've pushed it.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Bartholomew