Re: Shared plugin library build question

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 15:45 +0100, Sergei Golubchik wrote:

> Try lp:maria/5.5
>
> It's still a bit rough around the edges, but it mostly works and is
> good enough to see whether you'll have this libmysqlservices.a problem
> or not.
>
> Regards,
> Sergei

Sergei,

I have downloaded these sources and done a trial build.  I have run into
a couple of problems so far.  When compiling 5.5/mysys/base64.c I get an
error because it is including <base64.h> and
finding /usr/local/include/base64.h before 5.5/include/base64.h.  This
causes an error because the base64_encode in that header does not match
the one in mariadb.  I assume we are using the wrong base64.h because
mysys/CMakeFiles/CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake
has:

SET(CMAKE_C_INCLUDE_PATH
  "include"
  "/usr/local/include"
  "/wsp/sje/mariadb/bazaar/repo/5.5/include"
  "/wsp/sje/mariadb/bazaar/repo/5.5/mysys"
  )

where /usr/local/include is listed before the 5.5/include and 5.5/mysys
directories.  Unfortunately, CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake is
generated by Cmake and I am not sure where it gets its information from
about the order of the include files.  FYI: I am building in an object
directory that is separate from the source directory, I don't know if
that is related to the problem or not.

The other problem I ran into is one that the older sources have too but
I don't think I mentioned it before.  In mysys/my_getsystime.c there is
code that is dependent on HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME, this macro is true for
HP-UX because we do have this function, but we do not have the macro
CLOCK_MONOTONIC (just CLOCK_REALTIME, CLOCK_VIRTUAL, and CLOCK_PROFILE).

I don't think CLOCK_MONOTONIC is part of the POSIX clock_gettime
definition and in our sources I just worked around by undef'ing
HAVE_CLOCK_GETTIME.

Steve Ellcey
sje@xxxxxxxxxx