New replication hook

Hello maria db devs:

First, I think you guys totally ROCK. Thank you Michael Widenius and the open source aria engine.

I was looking at sql_update.cc, sql_insert.cc, sql_delete.cc so I could insert a hook to feed an external replication engines by choosing the update, delete, insert AFTER trigger points to insert logic that is db scope and not table scope.

I am testing the idea on 5.5.25 sources and will send a patch in when I can get my bearings on the source code.

Some probably stupid questions:

1)

Does InnoDB and Aria transaction support having anything to do with the binary log? Or do transactions
in innodb and aria get stored into different files than the binary log?

2)

Where are the the system command "SET" implemented?
Where is the definition/ of commands like "SHOW variables LIKE H%" implemented?

3)

I am going to open source this external replication hook,
how do I send something to you so that you can add a #ifdef WITH_EXTERNAL_REPLICATION into the sources
so that it would appear in 5.5.26 or 5.5.27?

Thanks,

marco