Re: MariaDB plugin package names (in Debian) scheme: mariadb-plugin-<name>

Hi, Otto!

On Jan 04, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:
> >> Serg suggested in the summer that the version number should be
> >> dropped from the engine/plugin package names (it is enough to have
> >> it in the package metadata).
> >
> > To explain...
>
> Yes I know this, but the actual question was, is mariadb-plugin-<name>
> a good scheme or should we stick to mariadb-<name>-engine or something
> else?

mariadb-plugin-<name> is fine. Just don't forget to rename
mariadb-cracklib-password-check-10.2 -> mariadb-plugin-cracklib-password-check

It's our only (at the moment) non-storage-engine plugin.

Chief Architect MariaDB
and security@xxxxxxxxxxx
--
Vote for my Percona Live 2016 talks: