Re: [Dbmail] Fwd: MariaDB and dbmail

Hi Paul,

On 9/2/2013 12:50 PM, Paul J Stevens wrote:
On 09/02/2013 01:02 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

so something goes wrong in combination with libzdb
IMHO this *must not* happen if MariaDB claims to be a drop-in-replacemnet

I've done some additional investigation, and indeed MariaDB appears to
mess up the server cursor when a blob is in the result.

I'm attaching a test-case and with a schema and data for you to use.

Thanks a lot for the test case, I was able to reproduce the problem with it. I've created a place holder for the bug report, https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-4978. Later today I will populate it with the relevant data and pass forward, and hopefully it will be fixed promptly.

Regards,
Elena

10.0.4-MariaDB-1~precise-log
libzdb-2.11.2

libzdb uses mysql_stmt_fetch to move the server cursor forward. This has
worked flawlessly until now for MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
With MariaDB we seem to hit a problem as soon as a blob column is in the
columns.

https://github.com/tildeslash/libzdb/blob/master/src/db/mysql/MysqlResultSet.c#L175

Just try the test program with and without the 'p.data' column, and run
it. Since part_order is the primary ordering key, I use that to test for
result integrity.