Re: Lost connection to MySQL server at, 'reading authorization packet', system error: 104 (or 0)

Am 02.07.2014 14:13, schrieb Tanstaafl:
> An answer to my very simple and specific GENERAL question that will help me to better troubleshoot this to
> ascertain precisely where the problem is.
>
>> if nobody else has a similar problem and there is for days no
>> repsonse it becomes even more clear that you seek at the wrong end of
>> the chain
>
> The questions I asked and re-asked for a response to were GENERAL questions, ie:
>
> 1. What should this (error message) be saying? Something like:
>
> "... ERROR: could not open MySQL5 connection to database..." ?
>
> In other words, should the mysql4 be mysql5 in the error message?

you refuse to understand that this message comes from the *client*
and not from MySQL/MariaDB - so guess why nobody here gave an
answer

by logical thinking it's clear that it can only come from the client
because by the fact there was no connection established how could
the server give any answer?

> No amount of googling has answered this, and no amount of googling has
> revealed if there is even a 'mysql4' vs 'mysql5' 'connection protocol',
> or if this error message is purely created by the reporting (3rd party)
> software

if nobody including Google ever faced that messages guess from
where it comes -> the 3rd party software - you are wasting your
own time because you ask at the wrong mailing-list

no idea how i could have expressed this more clear....