Re: Password Complexity Plugin

It's taken some time, but I have backported the simple_password_check
plugin and the password api to MariaDB 5.5  The mysql-test is succeeding on
all but the test of the strict_password_validation variable.

My question is, should a pure backport include support for
strict_password_validation variable (
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/server-system-variables/#strict_password_validation)
?  I suspect yes, but wanted to ask to start a further discussion:  namely
if I submit this patch will it be included in future MariaDB 5.5 releases?

Thank you,
Adam Scott