Re: Sending reload signals from java

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM, saurabh patil <saurabhpatil786@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do have PID for the mosquitto but the problem is, on Linux I can use kill
> command to send SIGHUP signal to mosquitto but I am not getting any way to
> make it on Windows. I want to do this on Windows without restarting
> mosquitto.

As you've noted this isn't currently possible on Windows. I've done
some searching but haven't yet found an accepted way of dealing with
the problem.

As Josh points out, this is really best handled without reloading. One
of the possible plans for the future is to have a broker interface to
make this easy to do, even with the simple password/acl files. It is
currently possible to write your own password/acl handler so this may
be the best approach for you. Take a look at the
src/mosquitto_plugin.h file for details of what functions you need to
write. This allows you to integrate the broker with whatever your
preferred method of holding user data is, such as a SQL database.

Cheers,

Roger