Re: [Ayatana] Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

Scott E. Armitage wrote:
The middle of the screen, or the middle of the screen on the right-hand
side? I maintain that the centre of the screen is still a viable option for
synchronous notifications such as e.g. volume, brightness, etc. -- the user
is actively interfacing with the computer, they should easily see the
effects of that. The should also disappear quicker than async notifications.

Asynchronous notifications that you might not care about -- now /those/ make
a lot more sense to be tucked away in a corner such that they are easily
ignorable if you don't want to pay any attention to them.

I agree that middle of the screen on the right will not fly with anyone :-)

-Scott

Naturally, I meant the middle of the screen on the right-hand side. Having a massive, jutting bar where this composing window just happens to be opened will be the absolute offender to Notify-OSD and the spark of a surefire fork. Unless the plan was to make the notification very small/vertical?
--
-Brett Cornwall