Re: [Ayatana] Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 11:19 +0000, Shane Fagan wrote:
> Hey Mark
>
> Just a little correction, the most recent versions of Gnome-Shell have
> the same menu structure as it is now in gnome-panel. Applications,
> places and the system menu are the same. They added a frequently used
> applications thing and a search bar but other than that not much has
> changed.
> I think they want to get away from the "old" model but they havent
> thought of anything concrete to replace it yet.
>
> Regards
> Shane Fagan

Looks like the Activities [applications] menu is going to have larger
icons for the applications than what we have now in gnome2.
The icons in gnome3 are 48px than the present 24px.

So now the messaging menu will be the odd one out  , even when gnome3
lands.

Even the top menubar ,Listing the app has bigger icons.

http://blogs.gnome.org/mccann/2009/11/14/mockturtlesuppe/

--
Cheers,
mac_v