Re: [Ayatana] Killing Menu Bars

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 09:34, Robert Roth <evfool@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And yet another solution would be to show shortcuts with a sort of
tooltips - and forgive me for saying that, don't want to hurt anyone -
but for showing the hotkeys for multiple items the Office 2007 ribbon
control is a good example. I can't stand the ribbon control, but the
solution for showing tooltips is quite good IMHO. - see the crops
attached

Yes, they have a good solution there, but honestly, it's not THE solution.

Look at it from an Ayatana point of view, it is not the optimum exploitation of human attention focus while handling a DE...  adding more information to a window full of buttons and options..