Re: [Ayatana] Hide application windows via launcher

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There is quite a demand for that feature, apparently the most
>> subscribed ayatana related bug and also one of the most commented
>> on. Some at Canonical seem to disagree both with a) the problem and
>> b) the solution for no further explained "design reasons".
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/733349/comments/26
> perhaps?

This is about one particular solution which was refined in subsequent
postings. No further comments on this topic by Mark or anyone else
from Canonical.

>> I get the impression they haven't read my comments on the bug
>> tracker. Grep my name, I'm not going to repeat my arguments here.
>
> Your arguments are so all important and game changing that you expect
> subscribers of this list to dig through a 120 comment thread, but you
> can't be bothered to even link them directly, even less repeat them here?

All I'm asking for is that those who change the bug status to read
through the comments.

> Let's see, up to 431 subscribers wading through a trainwreck of comment
> thread vs one Ed Lin taking the time to present his case in a clear
> fashion ...

It's not my case. John Lea has a case of closing this bug without a
satisfactory explanation.