Re: [Ayatana] Hide application windows via launcher

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad
<joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the proposal, as I understand it:
>
> if the X-button is red, then clicking on the applications icon
> will either display all that applications windows, or switch to
> an undertermined application. If the X-button is grey, then
> the same icon will switch to the application the icon belongs
> to.

Not undetermined, to the last focused. The arrow indicators in the
launcher show whether it will open spread view or hide the
application. It's absolutely predictable.

> Can someone explain briefly in what way this is user friendly
> bahaviour? It seems utterly confusing to me.

The fact that ALL desktop environments on all desktop/laptop platforms
except GNOME 3 and Unity have such a feature should be an indication
for its usefulness. User cases were presented in the bug comments.