Re: [Ayatana] Hide application windows via launcher

This is the proposal, as I understand it:

if the X-button is red, then clicking on the applications icon
will either display all that applications windows, or switch to
an undertermined application. If the X-button is grey, then
the same icon will switch to the application the icon belongs
to.

Can someone explain briefly in what way this is user friendly
bahaviour? It seems utterly confusing to me.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad