Re: updates, and my priorities

On 15 March 2010 13:18, Rafi Rubin <rafi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been using this:
> http://github.com/thjaeger/wacomrotate

Yes, something like that is fine if you don't want to depend on toolkits.

> I thought the wacom devs planned to just integrate randr handling in the driver.  Its not really
> clear to me why each driver shouldn't respond to randr events?
>
> Is the issue that there needs to be a thread sitting on an event loop?  Does Xlib support
> registering callbacks?

Yes, I think that's what's required and it's what I did in x-bus (my
pet project) looking for different events (note: I haven't touched the
code for a while):
https://launchpad.net/x-bus

As far as I know Xlib doesn't support registering callbacks while, for
example, GTK+ does.

Regards,

--
Alberto Milone