Re: n-trig updates

Hello all,

On 04/07/2010 10:38 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:45:57PM +0200, Stéphane Chatty wrote:
>>
>> Le 7 avr. 10 à 21:04, Bryce a écrit :
>>

>>> Looking forward to rafi's testing tool.  So far figuring out how
>>> to test
>>> MT is perplexing me.
>
> Fwiw, I'm working my way through this document with the hardware, and
> updating bits as I go:
>
>    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Testing/Touchscreen

Why don't we use the document under
http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Hardware/Touchscreen/Single?
How is it different from yours? If you think it is missing an important
testcase, let me know, and I'll add it. Otherwise, I think we should
agree in one document and use it throughout our testing.

> Ara, question... how will test results be reported from this document?
> E.g. in the Device Support Test it is possible to find a failure on
> several of the steps, so if it failed on, say, step 4 would that be
> reported as "Failed #1.4"?

Depending on how fine-grained we want the results. If we need to know in
the report (apart from a possible comment) where the test have failed,
then "Failed #1.4". If for a quick browsing of results is not necessary,
we could just put:

Testcase Result 	Comments
1	 Failed	  	Failed on step 1.4 because blah, blah

Cheers,
Ara.