Re: ORM Refactor [READ]

Ok, guys, this has been a lively discussion, but it is time to make a
decision.  This will be the primary topic for tomorrow's release
meeting.  I like the patch, but I really think we need to add back redis
support, not because I love redis, just as a matter of how we manage
change in the project. The big question to me is where/when we merge it
and what it means to the release.

A few things to keep in mind:

 * OpenStack should avoid making technical decisions for implementers.
We should only mandate a technology if we have to, for reasons like
uniformity of the code, i.e the twisted debate, or because choice would
be difficult to implement.

 * I think we should try not to take sides in contentious technical
issues, unless we have to. My reaction was that this change could be
seen to be a statement about Redis, or NoSQL in general.

 * In general, if we are going to drop a major technology choice, we
should do it slowly, by deprecating it first.  We should never go into a
release requiring a technology and end the release with it totally
unsupported.  This is just not fair to our users.  We will make choices,
but we need to ensure smooth transitions for people that have
implemented Openstack.  I know it is less of an issue for our first
release, but good policy is good policy.

Rick