Re: Starts creating 7.0 series

Hello.

I'm tottally agreed with Joel - Option B -

IMHO last month has been so moved, and make the technical moves has taken
from everybody a lot of work, but it was necesary.

But, we can decide with this 2nd move "Marking what dont work as
Installable : False" as the first Mark of SQA from Community and this is
just for technical reasons.

Just to left the precedent:

IMHO We must planify a 3rd move for the next 2~3 months mark as installable
: False those who dont have the correct documentation too.

I test in our escenarios, and document a module that you really know can
take 20 or 30 minutes "In __openerp__.py file" and document all methods can
take something like 20 minutes per method if you decide follow good rules
like this.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/

Mixed with:

http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/contribute/15_guidelines/documentation_guidelines.html

Just remember __openerp__ . py file work with rst in V7.

If you will add an "icon" choose the correct one take 30 minutes ;-) design
it is not an option just put an icon.png file in :

static/src/img/icon.png

As reference for rst text use sphinx doc.

http://sphinx-doc.org/

All the modules bring a really higher quality when you start to explain
what you did, and sometimes you finish thinking that it must be refactored
"Avoid this thought" you can make commits JUST for documentations, if you
follow PEP0257 you can even mark as TODO: some parts of the code, in this
way other people know your technical vision.

We will make with those who we mantain, but i think the third step to avoid
mark them as Installable : False can be somthing like 2 month? to be sure
for V7 all the installabe: True Modules are good documented and High
Quality ones?

Thoughts?

2012/12/11 Martin Collins <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 11/12/12 09:12, Houssine BAKKALI wrote:
>

>> It will add a not added value administrative work... While we can
>> agree that to be ported to a futur 7.1 or 8.0 branch the module
>> should have gained the status "installable = True" which tied more
>> to a Darwinist modules life cycle vision => evolve or die...
>>

> I agree. I would also like to see something added to the description
> explaining such modules' status.
> *But* any modules that have been promoted to addons should be removed
> immediately.
>
> Martin

--------------------
Saludos Cordiales