Re: Task Scheduling Algorithms

Yes, I'd love to see this kind of algorithms implemented on top of the
resource_planning module. It should be very simple to implement each of
them in its own module, maybe with a glue module that handles the
interaction between them.

Concerning library vs framework I'm generally on Lionel's side, but in
this particular case there's not much left when you remove the framework
specific part:
return available_at(my_object, my_date)
where available_at necessarily is a framework dependent function.

Today I pushed some work (unrelated to this topic) to the
resource_planning branch (still looking for a better place):
https://code.launchpad.net/~hbrunn/+junk/resource_planning
Among bugfixes you'll find an experimental timeline view and the day
view is replaced by dhtmlxscheduler's unit view as announced on the open
days.
It also shows the resources' leaves (for employees, that's vacations,
don't forget to confirm vacation requests to have them show up) on the
week, day and timeline views.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Holger Brunn - Ontwerp en implementatie