Re: Proposal to document addons incompatibilities

+1, I still feel this is needed.

Fabien : I've seen at least one re-implementation of MRP in the wild,
which are obviously not compatible with the official mrp addon. Just
having a comment in the description of the module is not enough : we
need something stronger which prevents accidental installation of a
known incompatible module.

Same thing for customer specific modules : if I'm forced to completely
rewrite a API function (e.g. it lacks an extension point) without
calling the super() implementation of that method, I generally won't fix
this in all the standard addons which reimplement that method (and call
the super() implemenation), if they are not installed on the customer's
instance. However, having a quick way to tell that such modules are
incompatible with the specific one I'm installing will ease the work of
maintainance as they will know something has to be done before one such
new module is installed during the application lifecycle.

--
Alexandre