Re: OpenERP Apps v7.0 is live

On 08/15/2013 09:32 AM, Eric Caudal wrote:
The v6apps.openerp.com has disappeared: I can understand the need to switch to
the new repository but one side effect is that all current link in the web are
not redirected to the new repository... That is a huge loss in terms of
knowledge base and legacy maintenance.

Normally the old v6apps links are still working, and properly redirect to the new URLs. That was an important step in the deployment of the new platform. For example, if I search for "openerp banking module" on Google the first hit is this:
   https://apps.openerp.com/addon/7395
and this properly redirects me to the new URL for this module + version:
   https://apps.openerp.com/apps/6.1/account_banking/

The download links are working as well.

Now it is possible that a few old Apps could not be imported in the new platform, for example if the repository was no longer valid (but then the old links were broken/misleading).

Could you be more specific with an example of a previously working link you find in Google that does not redirect correctly to the new platform?

We'll investigate and update the mapping system if needed.

Would it be possible to keep the old repository until the new repository is
fully populated (let's say 2 or 3 month) and have a redirect later?

There is really no need for that as the new platform was launched already populated with the existing content, and the old links redirected.

Concerning the front-end it's just a first iteration as was announced, we'll update it in the coming days to display more technical information. It was preferred to release asap something that allows registration of 7.0 modules... please bear with us while we're working on it.