Re: reorderable lines on purchase.orders, account.invoice, stock.picking

On 2013-10-02 13:29, Olivier Dony wrote:
On 10/01/2013 07:10 PM, ferdinand wrote:
On 10/01/2013 03:16 PM, Olivier Dony wrote:
Is there any new version of one2many_sorted? The one I can see [1] does not perform any sorting or grouping on the client-side, so it does not seem to
address the limitations I was referring to??

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/7.0/view/head:/one2many_sorted/__init__.py
no this one does sorting on the server side.

I attach the patches (for 6.0) which allowed to filter and sort not database
fields on client side

Thanks for the patches. Unfortunately we do need sorting on the *client side*, which means sorting records that may not be in the database yet, or whose values for the "sorted column" may have changed since they were loaded. The user needs to be able to see in real time the effect of all the local changes to the lines, before pressing the Save button.

The patches you sent seem to add an extra non-SQL-backed sorting system on the server-side for honoring sorts on non-SQL-backed fields (function fields), but the sorting does not actually happen on the client-side.

We would need to do something similar but in the web layer, and that would presumably take care of sorting non-SQL fields too. But it really needs to operate on the local temporary lines stored on the client.
I know
Koo Client had a working sorting, t this was storing the sort order on a per user basis
I believe depending on the task users will have different sorting needs
nevertheless i think server side sorting would also be helpful to provide sorted rows for reporting
similar to what can be found in one2many_sorted module in c2c-rd-branch

--
Ferdinand