Re: Coding Guidlines - long lines

I don't think that there is a reason to have this discussion, PEP's were
made by a reason indeed, and PEP8 is known by allmost all Python
programmers, so here is the scenario, imagine that in a month from now a
old Python programmer dives into the OpenERP world, is he going to read all
historic data on the mailing lists to catch up with all the things that we
discussed and established?, even if we agree to do it one way or another,
will OpenERP SA publish this on the docs as a guideline?, Python has its
own best practices (known and available to everybody) and OpenERP too,
please do not try to reinvent the wheel.

BTW, I do not want to be rude, it's just my humble opinion.

Regards.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Raphael Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Raphael Valyi <rvalyi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Guys [0],
>>
>> just a note of optimism (hey what else would you expect?):
>> with the new API [1], it will be easier to write shorter lines:
>> self.pool.get('ruby.rocks') -> self.pool['ruby.rocks'] (already available
>> on v7 in fact)
>> some_object.some_method(cr, uid, ids, *args, **kw) ->
>> some_object.some_method(ids, *args, **kw)
>>

> and in fact when kw is the context, you will also be able to avoid writing
> context=context to pass the last argument as it will be available
> automatically [0]. So it's even better, finally some Ruby-like
> meta-programming magic in that Python "explicit is better" world...
>
> [0]
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-server/trunk-apiculture/view/head:/openerp/osv/orm.py#L3970
>

> --
> Raphaël Valyi
> Founder and consultant
> http://twitter.com/rvalyi <http://twitter.com/#!/rvalyi>
> +55 21 2516 2954
> www.akretion.com

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · oszckar@xxxxxxxxx <ozckar@xxxxxxxxx>

Paseo de Bugambilias 251 · Villa de alvarez, Colima, CP 28978
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente