Re: Transition to GitHub

Inlines

Written from my android
On May 23, 2014 6:35 PM, "Olivier Dony" <odo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Nhomar Hernández <nhomar@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> >> Yes we'll create similar labels, this will be defined soon and the
process explained on the wiki.

> >> Cfr https://github.com/odoo/odoo/wiki/GitHub-Transition#bug-reports
> >
> > Ok.
> > I got it.
> >
> > Labels are created I think:
>
> The labels still need some updates along with some documentation in
> the wiki, as we should take this opportunity to update/simplify the
> process.
> We'll also use special labels for pull requests.
>
> In terms of process we'd like to put a much stronger focus (and
> resources) on processing pull requests than bugs, because PRs usually
> contain more direct value for the product.
> If a bug is important there is also a good chance that someone will
> quickly write a patch for it, so that works both ways.
>
> If we combine GitHub's one-click merge with the ability to tag commits
> with CI status (runbot/travis), that should make life easier for
> reviewers, and we hope to be able to merge simple PRs quickly.
> Of course this means that even more than before, the best way to have
> a bug looked at/solved is to fix it and make a PR.
>

> > What I can't see if if we will have a "driver" team as in Launchpad to
help the mark of the bugs, because I see like I don't have the correct ACL
to mark bugs as I had in Launchpad (because I was part of the fdriver team
I think):

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxB2ZgxMIR5MS3ZQVXhBVlMxSEU/edit?usp=drivesdk

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxB2ZgxMIR5MSXd3QXc3bFA5LWc/edit?usp=drivesdk

> > Did I miss something or we lost this capability?
>
> GitHub's bug tracker does not seem to have the necessary flexibility
> at the moment.
> We initially thought of putting the issues in a separate repository
> for this reason, but it was creating other problems (references, etc.)
> and making things even more confusing.
> Anyone can comment on bugs and PRs, though, so it is possible to help
> sorting out everything.

Totally agreed and we are in knowledge.

May be some kind of [textlabel] on answers can help but I really appreciate
a lot more improve the process of PR than the process to follow things (may
be an script i  the future).

It will introduce some extra situations with no technical people who ask
for features or bugs well explained but not "labable" as valid-good or
something. We should work on that i the mid term I think.

Regards

Regards .