Re: Work in progress: OCB 7.0 on github

On 06/12/2014 04:26 PM, Raphael Valyi wrote:

> I will gladly listen to git experts, but my preference today is to go
> merge instead of rebase, despite the mess. If we go for rebase, well
> then that plumping should be assumed, specially in tools like Anybox
> recipe against many of us are now converging.
My gut feeling goes for the simple merge, but I'd need to think a bit
more about it*

Even though that would make the history probably harder to follow, it
does not require everybody to be a git expert. Yes, plumbing could
alleviate some of the git-fu, but at the cost of obscurity.

* I'd like to take a look at how the major supported forks of the Linux
kernel (-rt for instance) proceed

--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr