Re: OCA: transition from Launchpad to Github

Hi Daniel,

On 06/30/2014 11:19 PM, Daniel Reis wrote:
> Hi Guewen,
>
>> Then, those maintainers will be responsible to do each step for the
>> selected projects according to
>> https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/wiki/Migration-Launchpad-%E2%86%92-GitHub#migration-steps
>>

> I think need some assistance on some of the migration steps:
>
> 2) I found necessary to do "git pull github". After this pushing back to
> GitHub gave me a strange commit
> (https://github.com/OCA/department/commit/ef514f2c1fd78ba52290fac1790a652e53021f29).
> Is there a way to avoid this?

What are the steps that you did? You should not need to do that.
Had you a commit on GitHub that you did not had on the Launchpad branch?

> 3) Is there some guide we can use to help us help with the Launchpad
> mirroring? I founnd it confuding to setup.
All the steps are there:
https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/wiki/Migration-Launchpad-%E2%86%92-GitHub#help-on-the-launchpad-mirroring

What is confusing?

> 7) I found some modules that didn't have the "installable" attribute, so
> the grep/sed doesn't work for them - they have to manually be set
> unistallable.
Yes it should be added in that case
> The second command had a surprising effect - it renamed all modules; I
> expect them to be moved under an "__unported__" dir
> keeping the same name.
Sandy proposed to rename the modules with _unported to avoid them to be
checked by Travis. At that time I didn't recall that modules where moved
in __unported__ in 7.0 (it had been discussed but I don't think it has
been done on 7.0 branches, at least on most of the projects, I'm sure I
never had to extract a module from an __unported__ folder).

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer

Camptocamp SA