Re: odoo vertical-medical

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > it was decided by Joël Grandguillaume and agreed here that as for OCA
> modules, they shouldn't carry the "Odoo" trademark inside their name to
> avoid coupling issues in case of future re-branding from any party. Then I
> guess we wouldn't want Odoo in the logo either.
>
> You should differenciate the technical name (crm, hr_recruitment) and the
> public app name (Odoo CRM, Odoo Recruit)
>
> You should not put Odoo in the technical name because it's a mess for
> developers.
>
> But for the app name, I don't understand why you would not put the Odoo
> name in it?

Well, then ask yourself what happened to people who previously listen to
such good advice and invested some energy Tiny CRM or OpenERP CRM or
whatever your-brand-their-code. Not all application that use Postgres brand
themselves Postgres-appname either, so in any case that's really up to the
application authors.

In any case, I'm not suggesting anything there for Medical, just re-calling
what was said for OCA as it was asked in the thread.

Regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant