Re: Duplicate items if multiple stores

On 01/22/2014 09:41 PM, Mike Lindsay wrote:
I looked at the items from my 2 magento instances, they are identical in
every way, except for Category.  Is it safe to say that new items will
always be created from different magento instances?
Yes. The difference in categories also shows that's not so trivial to merge them automatically; what should happen when they have different values can't probably be generic.
 I understand that
code you provided, but I'm unsure where to use it :)  This is all test
installs, so not a big deal if I blow one up.

This is a mapping that you can add using a customization module [0], it requires knowledge in development though.

Thanks!

Mike

[0] http://openerp-magento-connector.com/guides/tutorial_customize.html

--