Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

On 27. 04. 11 17:17, Ovnicraft wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Graeme Gellatly <gdgellatly@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:gdgellatly@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Cristian,
>
>     Will most definitely test this.
>
>     Stock and assets are to my mind completely different beasts.
>     Typically the person moving or disposing the asset would have no
>     knowledge of stock moves, and possibly even security rights to do
>     so.  I feel they are irrelevant for asset management, although I
>     am not sure what would happen at the delivery end of a PO, maybe a
>     stock location is needed to transfer from inwards goods to a
>     virtual location such as fixed assets, or just order directly to
>     fixed assets location which has the appropriate GL accounts
>     defined.  (Just thinking out loud here)
>
>     Another idea for asset location may be to use a partner (company
>     or employee) address for main location, and then possibly a
>     many2one or char field for localisation at that location, e.g. 2nd
>     floor, or printer room.  That link to employee could be especially
>     useful for IT Equipment and Vehicles when it comes to the HR exit
>     process.
>

> I am agree with you what to do with Picking In when PO is approved. i
> think we need a process to treatment this product.
> Remember module create the asset in invoicing.
> When we talk about 2nd floor or printer room are another locations i
> need define if virtual location is a good solution w/o impact in stocks.

yes, maybe assets' locations should be marked as such, so the stock
people do not get a list of offices, which has no use for storing stock.
I would avoid existing types, maybe creating "Assets" categories would
be better. then filter them for the FAM module. and add shortcuts to
create them. this will imply a external dependecy, though... (which
module(s)??)