Re: Fixed Assets Management in OpenERP 6

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Bogdan Stanciu <
bogdanovidiu.stanciu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 27. 04. 11 17:17, Ovnicraft wrote:
>

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Graeme Gellatly <gdgellatly@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi Cristian,
>>
>> Will most definitely test this.
>>
>> Stock and assets are to my mind completely different beasts.  Typically
>> the person moving or disposing the asset would have no knowledge of stock
>> moves, and possibly even security rights to do so.  I feel they are
>> irrelevant for asset management, although I am not sure what would happen at
>> the delivery end of a PO, maybe a stock location is needed to transfer from
>> inwards goods to a virtual location such as fixed assets, or just order
>> directly to fixed assets location which has the appropriate GL accounts
>> defined.  (Just thinking out loud here)
>>
>> Another idea for asset location may be to use a partner (company or
>> employee) address for main location, and then possibly a many2one or char
>> field for localisation at that location, e.g. 2nd floor, or printer room.
>> That link to employee could be especially useful for IT Equipment and
>> Vehicles when it comes to the HR exit process.
>>

>  I am agree with you what to do with Picking In when PO is approved. i
> think we need a process to treatment this product.
> Remember module create the asset in invoicing.
> When we talk about 2nd floor or printer room are another locations i need
> define if virtual location is a good solution w/o impact in stocks.
>
>   yes, maybe assets' locations should be marked as such, so the stock
> people do not get a list of offices, which has no use for storing stock. I
> would avoid existing types, maybe creating "Assets" categories would be
> better. then filter them for the FAM module. and add shortcuts to create
> them. this will imply a external dependecy, though... (which module(s)??)

This implies depends with stock module and add Assets type in locations it
needs a review with stock management assets has nothing with inventory.

First of all we need decide if FAM module needs stock dep for location use.
If dependence is create, we must use locations and add Asset type.

Here stock moves can used to asset transfers ?

Regards,

 Regards,